Again a big update had come about the demonetization, that now the government gets a big change in the use of old currency notes of Rs.500 and Rs.1000 which had become an invalid tender from 8th November 2016. Now the government had announced that the old currency notes of Rs. 500 will not be acceptable at petrol pumps, ticket booking counters and toll sector as well from 3rd December 2016.
The decision of demonetization taken by the prime minister of India on 8th November 2016, which is calling to be the biggest decision of independent India had got many updates till now. The government had first announced that the old currency notes of Rs. 1000 will not be used for any transaction and added that old currency notes of Rs. 500 will be accepted at such departments till 15th December 2016.
Now the government had changed the term and notifies that the old currency notes of Rs. 500 will totally become invalid from 3rd December 2016. On the very first day of Demonetization, the government updates that people can use the old currency notes for 72 hours from 9th November 2016. After that, the government make a change in the term and said that the old currency notes of Rs. 1000 will not be used for any transaction from 24th November 2016.
However, the people have the option to use the old currency notes of Rs. 500 at the petrol pumps, for airways, and to pay the toll. From today the government had said that the old currency notes will be banned totally after 2nd December 2016. The government had come up with many changes and updates till now. The changes happen so far are as below:-
- Demonetization by PM Narendra Modi leads to ban old currency notes of Rs.1000 and Rs.500 from 9th November 2016.
- People can use the old currency notes till 12th November 2016.
- The old currency notes of Rs.1000 and Rs.500 can be used at the petrol pump, airways and railway counters and to pay toll till 15 December 2016.
- Later the old currency note of Rs.1000 become an invalid tender from 24th December 2016.
- Now the government banned old currency note of Rs.500 from 3 December 2016 which was 15 December 2016 earlier.
- Now the old currency notes of Rs.1000 and Rs.500 can be deposit in bank accounts.
Now the payments at the government authorised centres can only be made in new currency. Stay tuned with us for more updates and news feeds like this.