Onam is the harvest festival celebrated in the state of Kerela. The festival is also celebrated by Malaviya community people who are the native of Kerela. In Kerela, the festival is celebrated by all the state people without any barrier of caste and religion. There is a 4 days state holiday in Kerela until the 3rd Onam Day. The people celebrated the festival for 10 days every year. People decorate their house and perform many rituals for it.
Happy Onam Images Whatsapp Dp
The festival is celebrated in the month of Chingam (Aug-Sep). There is a story behind the festival of the king Mahabali who was the king of Kerela and love his kingdom and people a lot. People celebrated it as the king went back every year to see his kingdom people are living happily or not. There is also a thought behind this that he will take all the sorrows with him. Onam is about Kerela’s past. People perform many rituals on this festival. The festival is also called rice harvest festival.
Happy Onam 2016 SMS Quotes Wishes Messages
The festival is also called rice harvest festival. People also makes King Mahabali’s idol and perform many rituals with it. There are many cultural programmes at many institutions on this festival. People also shows performances on the street of Kerela. There are cultural programmes in educational institutions as well. Sri Padmanabhan’s birthday is also celebrated next to Onam, who was the Presiding Deity of Thiruvananthapuram.
- May this ONAM brings in U the brightest and choicest happiness & prosperous U have ever wished for ! May God bless U & Family and fill your heart with Joyful & Colorful Moments.
- When King Marvel was ruling the land all people were equal and same there was no theft and betrayal not even little bit lying. Happy Onam
- At this present moment with warmth and peace, with the music of the, chirping birds, the soothing sun and flirting files, it’s now time up to wish you a… Happy and Prosperous Onam!
- The Onam is an occasion for people to remind themselves of the all pervasive nature of divine. I wish all your family members a happy Onam & Thiruonam.
- Ellavarkkum ente hridayam niranja onashamsakal ella ente suhurthukkalkkum ente onam ashamsakal nerunnu onasadhyayum pookalavum orunghi, manasilorayiram aarppu vilikalode onathe swagatham cheyyam… happy onam
The ten days of Onam are named as per the rituals and called as Atham, Chithira, Chodhi, Vishakam, Anizham, Thriketa, Moolam, Pooradam, Uthradom and Thiruvonam respectively. People decorate their houses and wear new clothes. They also put Rice flour batter at the main door as the sign of welcoming. People also make rangoli at the entrance of the house which is called as Onapookkalam. Pilokali dance and Boat race are very famous for this festival. The festival is of joy and happiness and celebrated with huge enthusiasm by the people of Kerela. Stay tuned with us for more updates like this.