Like every year Raksha Bandhan which refers to the bond of love, care and protection is celebrated on the full moon day (Purnima day) in Shravana month. This year the special day falls on August 7, Monday.
Raksha Bandhan is also known as Rakhi. The Hindu festival encourages people to cherish the lovely sweet bond of brother and sister. On this day brothers vow to protect their sister.
On the special occasion of Raksha Bandhan sisters tie Rakhi “the holy thread” on their brothers’ wrist, Aparahna (late afternoon) is considered the best time to tie up the Rakhi on this day. According to the Hindu religion, if Aparahna time is not suitable, the ritual can perform during Prodosh time. It is a public holiday on Raksha Bandhan.
#History of Raksha Bandhan:
Raksha Bandhan is meant to celebrate the strong bond between brother and sister. According to the ancient tale which is associated with the concept of Rakhi, Alexander’s the great wife had tied Rakhi on King Porus’ wrist and ensured the safety of her husband Alexander in 326 BC when he undertaking the invasion of the India subcontinent.
Here we have the most beautiful collection of **Raksha Bandhan** wishes, quotes, messages, images, status, Whatsapp DP, HD wallpaper. You can use share this lovely collection with your brother or sister in order to wish him/her a “Happy Raksha Bandhan.”
Happy Raksha Bandhan: Wishes, Quotes, Status, Images, Whatsapp DP, HD Wallpapers
- Rakhi Is The Symbol Of Love Between Brother And Sister, It Is Such A Great Feeling. **Happy Raksha Bandhan**
- Sister is someone who is caring and sharing. Sister can understand things U never said. She can understand the pain, which is not visible to anyone. I love my sister. **Happy Raksha Bandhan**
- Rakhi is the combination of five meaningful words.
R: rock strong relationship
A: acceptance all along
K: kindness to the core
H: heartwarming presence
I: idealistic relationship,
**Happy Raksha Bandhan**
- We laugh and cry, we play and fight. We shared moments of happiness and sorrows, which made our bond stronger. **Happy Raksha Bandhan**
- No matter the distances between us, my Rakhi will always reach on time, to be tied on the wrist of my loving brother with the heartwarming wishes of joy and happiness to illuminate your life. **Happy Raksha Bandhan**
- This is a bond of love, a bond of togetherness, it is a thread that binds our life and our hearts. **Happy Raksha Bandhan**
- Dear Brother, while tying this Rakhi, I pray to God for your peace, happiness and prosperity. A warm and loving person like you deserves the best of life. **Happy Raksha Bandhan**
In order to mark their brother sister relationship, sister ties Rakhi on the wrist of brother and brother vows to look after and protect her, sister receives gifts from a brother on this day, this is the traditional way to celebrate the holy festival of Hindu.
There are so many fancy Rakhis available in the market nowadays but usually, it is made from silk thread along with gold and silver thread. The holy festival is observed across the India, the festival symbolizes the brother-sister’s love.