Pokemon Go an augmented reality game had a blazing launch, setting a new record in Apple’s App Store as the most downloaded app despite having released for only a week and rolling out only to a few countries at a time. This game uses camera of the users phone to catch Pokemon in the real world, and then train them to battle with other players.
However, it seems that there is much more to the game than what players are currently experiencing, as this is only the first version of the game we expected much more to it with next update. But, much to our surprise at the San Diego Comic-Con, John Hanke, CEO of Pokemon Go developer Niantic Labs, teased the future of the incredibly popular game, which created a buzz among the Pokemon Go users at the event.
Hanke apologized to the users regarding the server issues experienced while playing Pokemon Go, and stated that Niantic’s engineers will work to improve server reliability before rolling out new features, in addition to fixing problems such as broken radar systems. He then made several announcements related to the future updates of the game like:
1. An expected update that he told us about was adding the remaining Pokemon, that are not yet available in the game will soon appear. As only 145 out of the original 151 Pokemon have been caught by Pokemon Go players all over the world.
2. The choice of team between yellow Team Instinct, the red Team Valor and the blue Team Mystic will soon become more important.
3. Team leaders for all the teams have also been revealed, with Candela for Team Valor, Spark for Team Instinct and Blanche for Team Mystic, who will also provide advice to the players. One each of the three Legendary Bird Pokemon will also be associated with the teams.
4. Pokestops in the game were also hinted to be possibly turned into Pokemon Centers.
5. Biggest of all revelations was one of the social aspects of the video games on mobile gaming consoles was Pokemon trading.
So, we’re expecting an update in the game soon, and also hope that in India Pokemon Go will launch will
all these functions and improved servers from Niantic. That’s it for now, stay tuned for the launch date of Pokemon Go in India.