Samsung recently launched its much-anticipated Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones, taking the market by a storm. The pre-orders in South Korea have already begun, and it appears like the fans are really liking it. A recent report published by Reuters suggests that the pre-orders for Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone have far and by exceeded the pre-orders that took place for Galaxy S7 last year.
Reuters quoted the South Korean tech giant’s chief as confirming the news. This could indicate two things: Firstly, that the Samsung fans are unfazed by last year’s Note 7 fiasco wherein the devices were reported to have experienced bizarre battery issues. Secondly, that the buyers are gradually shifting their demands towards opting for smartphones with a larger screen.
Must Read: Samsung Galaxy S8 Hands-on Review
Thanks to the strong demands initiated by the fans, the company now won’t have a difficult time in recovering from all expenses made over the safety failures of the Galaxy Note 7.
When Samsung launched the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones, the device received favorable reviews. The device doesn’t only come with modern-day technology but also offers users with some exciting and new features.
In fact, investors and analysts have even predicted the sale for the first phase of Galaxy S8 and S8+. Even though they feel it’s a bit early, the initial response to the pre-orders that have begun at various places across the world has been better than expected. Mobile Chief Koh Dong-jin at the S8 media briefing was heard confirming the news.
He added to the announcement, saying that the Galaxy S8 will be the safest Galaxy smartphone to date. The South Korean-tech giant has taken all measures to avoid any kind of battery failures that caused some Note 7 smartphones to combust.
The analysts reportedly feel that the strong S8 sales are likely to help Samsung to its best-ever quarterly profit in April-June, along with a booming memory chip market that is widely expected to deliver record revenue this year for the industry as a whole.
This falls parallel with Samsung’s effort to restore the investor’s trust in themselves as well. Numerous investors withdrew their support from Samsung when the Galaxy Note 7 fiasco took place. The investors lost about $5.4 billion in profit in just about two months since the incident took place. Things were not-so-good for Samsung, and senior executives were heard telling the media that Samsung was going to take to revive its lost glory. “They also said Samsung has seen a rebound in consumer sentiment toward the firm since announcing the results of a probe into the fires and preventative measures on January 23,” the Reuters report read.
“It took Toyota about four years for its brand to get back to where it was, and I think ours can do it faster,” said Lee Young-hee, an executive vice president at Samsung’s mobile business, referring to a series of Toyota Motor Corp vehicle recalls from 2009 to 2011.